The Canton Art Institute Building

The Canton Art Institute Building
Edward Bitzel
1925 - 2007
Artist Biography
Acquisition Number: 57.94
Medium: Ink on paper
Size: 7 1/4' x 10'
Date: 1957
Credit: Gift of the artist

In 1941, the Little Civic Art Gallery on the second floor of the former Canton Public Library renamed itself the Canton Art Institute (now the Canton Museum of Art) and welcomed the gift of Frank G. Case mansion on Market Avenue north as its new home.